Start Up Visa Program (SUV)
Start-up Visa Program (SUV) is a Canadian Permanent Residence program administered by the federal government of Canada. It targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build innovative and globally-competitive businesses in Canada, which can create jobs for Canadians. It is available in all provinces except Quebec.
The applicant must receive support from a designated organization, which is approved to invest in or support possible start-ups (venture capital fund, angel investor fund, or business incubator). We will submit applications to a business incubator in groups of 3 (one applicant in each group must have experience in Information Technology).
The benefits of the SUV – a Fast, simple and straight forward program – include the following:
- SUV leads direct to Permanent Residence
- Applicant and family can live any where in Canada
- Lawyer will develop the business concept and manage the complete process
- The Permanent Residence Visa is not tied to the performance of the business concept
- Small up front payment, with balance required after issuance of the Letter of Support
- Qualifications are flexible and many applicants qualify for SUV
To qualify under the SUV, Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have basic proficiency in English or French CLB 5 or greater
- 2+ years of post-secondary education (would be beneficial but not required}
- Business ownership or management experience (would be beneficial but not required)
- Be minimum age 21 (no maximum age)
- Have minimum $500,000 in family net worth
- Incorporate a company and intend to develop a business concept or idea in conjunction with our business incubator
- Cannot be inadmissible
The application process is simple and straight forward.