Due to local closures/restrictions related to the COVID virus, a temporary travel ban on visitors entering Canada, and a mandatory 2 week isolation period for anyone entering Canada, PEIPNP has cancelled all interviews and landing appointments for March – May, 2020. However, the PEI Government has just announced that it will conduct virtual/remote interviews temporarily, until the COVID crisis is over.
Applicants whose interviews were cancelled due to COVID, or applicants newly invited for interview, will be contacted once the virtual meeting system is implemented. In order to attend the interview remotely, applicants must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Applicants must fulfill the exploratory visit requirements remotely: conduct research on PEI (housing market, schools for children, etc.), consult with lawyers and accountants , and research their proposed business.
- Only the principal applicant and spouse may attend the virtual interview (no translator, other family member, friend, etc. may be in attendance, or the interview will cease immediately).
- Recording the interview is prohibited.
- Original PEI forms must be couriered to the PEI Government prior to interview
- Submit the business plan to the Government prior to the virtual interview.